Tuesday 2 July 2013

Christmas Card #09

I was full of good intentions in January that I'd make at least one Christmas card a week .... just a tad behind then as this is only No#9!!
So this week's challenge at High Hopes is perfect to gee me on as it's
Christmas in July 
.. eek, how did it get to be July already!!

(play along with your High Hopes stamps to win a new one of your choice)

My card uses Getting Spruced Up and Think Snow
I've been getting very precious with my Copics (they've got to be so expensive to replace) but thought I'd treat myself for a change!  Almost wish I hadn't though as it was such a pleasure to use them LOL!
Some fine flower soft added as fur/snow.  I doodled my borders to match the font of the sentiment and added some wee stickles dots to pull in the red theme of my image.  White enamel dots for falling snow.

Other challenges:
Sparkles Forum Christmas Challenge #30 - Christmas Tree
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Extra - July
Simon Says Stamp and Show ... anything goes
Merry Monday July challenge - anything Christmas
The Squirrel and the Fox #47 - Christmas in July
Cute Card Thursday #275 - fly like a bird (though of course, strictly speaking, penguins don't fly LOL)

16 comments:

Benzi said...

I've been wondering the same thing about how it is already July. It'll be Christmas again before we know it. Yikes! I love your card and your snow looks great. Oh, I love Copics, too. Good job using yours.

Dotty Jo said...

Cute card Lynne... wish I had nine cards made. Actually wish I had just one card made! Jo x

Unknown said...

FABULOUS!!! card Lynne I love your HH makes this wee chap is just gorgeous brill dps too... hope you are well...
Hugs Sarah x

coops said...

so gorgeous lynne.fab image and I love your paper and colours :D

xx coops xx

Claire said...

Fab card, love the bright colours and lovely image. Hugs, Claire x

Sherry Eckblad said...

Your card is too cute as is that image. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

Unknown said...

One Christmas card per week? That's so motivational! Your card is lovely. I like the paper and the image is so cute colored up with the green tree and penguin. Thanks for playing with us over at The Squirrel and The Fox.

Allisa said...

Love your flower soft snow! Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday!

Hazel said...

Delightful card - that cute penguin looks well wrapped up, so you could also add your card for my weekly challenge 131: http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/chnc-131-all-wrapped-up.html - would love to see it there too. x

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful, festive guy! Great coloring and choice of papers! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

MagsB said...

Hi, Lynne! Sorry I haven't been around blogland much, I hope that will improve soon!

You've made another cracking card, what a great image, and how lovely the sentiment looks with the gorgeous pop of red! I know what you mean about your Copics - I feel the same way about my Promarkers!

Thanks for joining in t The Squirrel and the Fox, and I hope you're having a lovely weekend.

love Mags B x

Suzanne C said...

Adorable and cute! Love the background paper with the cute image! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

Sandra H said...

So beautiful is your card and gorgeous colours too! thank you for joining our challenge at Sparkles Christmas Challenge "Christmas Trees" good luck and hope to see you again next time DT Member Sandra H xx

Skye said...

A fabulous card. I like the funny little penguin and the colouring is fantastic.

Notes by Nina said...

Very cute card Lynne, your snowman is adorable. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Marie Bingaman said...

So cute! And I love that tree dp!! :)