Sunday 15 March 2015

High Hopes - Brutus

We've had quite a few staff leave in work this past while due to budget cuts and whatnot, so it's no fun making these goodbye cards :(
I've made this one in our company colours and added this cute doggy from High Hopes for good measure!  I've coloured Brutus with watercolour pencils, popped up on dimensionals, added clear gloss to his nose and glitter to his pendant.  My alpha set is a very old die cut set from Ellison - I think it's called Mac'n Cheese.  Stacked star dies from Taylored Expressions.

Stamping Sensations March - one for the guys
Whimsy Stamps #80 - use a sentiment
Sister Act #97 - anything goes
Creative knockouts #80- faux stitching
Tuesday Throwdown TT235 - good luck
Kathy's 30 day colouring challenge Day 12 #thedailymarker30day

Spring is most definitely on its way here, even though there's a nip in the air yet.  Here's a wee pic of the lovely daffs outside my back door ...
Hopefully the weather will hold for tomorrow, I've big plans for my front garden  I need to do a bit of rearranging and digging out, but we'll have to see how that goes ;)

13 comments:

Lyn said...

A really lovely card and I love love love Brutus

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

What a great card! Love all the dies cuts! Nice job coloring the pooch! Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Throwdown challenge.
hugs!
Pam
TT DT
www.pammiesinkypinkies.blogspot.com

Patti J said...

How sad that your staff is being laid off. I know they must so enjoy your friendship and concern, and that they cherish these beautiful cards! Great job, dear friend!

Cheryl W. said...

How thoughtful of you to make cards for someone who has just lost their position. I'm certain they will appreciate it very much. I think Brutus will definitely help cheer them up. Lovely, lovely daffodils!

Jackie said...

Very sad times with all the cuts, lots of peeps losing their jobs :o(
Fabulous card and the daffs are so pretty :o)
Jackie xx

Sarah said...

Another fab card Lynne, what a great stamp and I love the font of your letters. My daffs have finally braved it too although have been blown about a bit this weekend xx

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous card Lynne love both the colours and that awesome doggy image, your Daffs look gorgeous all I have got is leaves.
hugs
lorraine x

brenda said...

A really great masculine card Lynne, thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

And beautiful daffodils.

B x

Benzi said...

What a cute card...love the doggie. Mac n Cheese...well, that made me hungry. Ha I love it but only what comes from the box...never cared for any homemade I've eaten.

Your daffodils are beautiful. What few I have blooming, the wind has knocked over somewhat.
Guess what? My phone showed 80 degrees yesterday. It was awesome, but rain starts tomorrow and back to the 60's. Well, I'll enjoy today.

Denise Goeldner said...

Such a sweet card, love the simplicity and that dog is adorable. Thanks so much for joining us over at Creative Knockouts, good luck and hope to see you again.
~ Denise DT ~
Creative Knockouts
{Denise's Patch of Creativity}
{Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}

Natalie said...

such a cute card!
Thanks for playing along in the Sister Act Card Challenge.
Hugs,
Natalie
INKognito

pinky said...

Love this cute colourful card Lynne. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Deni(se) said...

Brutus is such a cutie ... sorry you had to make him for a going away ...