Saturday 8 August 2015

Cow cards

Well it's raining yet again, but we had a lovely summery morning at Ballycastle beach (pic below) ... I couldn't believe how few people were on it!  :)  I'm off now for a week yippee, so it was a nice start to my hols to get a paddle and an ice cream in the sunshine!

I was lucky to win one of the MFT challenges recently so I picked this set as my prize ... The Whole Herd.  I love that cow's slightly surprised expression!

Card 1:

I masked off my cow a couple of times to make this crowd scene and used my Dienamics photo die.  Coloured with watercolour pencils.  Silver sequins from stash.  Cuttlebug embossing folder.

Card 2:

I used my MFT stencil to make a cow print background.  Cow coloured with watercolour pencils and Wink of Stella added to the pink on his face, and then popped up on dimensionals.    I always love a googly eye :)






Beautiful Ballycastle, Co Antrim ...




16 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

The beach looks heavenly! Love your cow cards, too, and I couldn't agree more - googly eyes always add a bit of fun. I won three cow stamps a few months ago, and I need to get them out again. There's just something fun about cows. :)

Jackie said...

Love that cow, and the cow herd you created, fabulous cards.
What a beautiful beach :o)
Jackie xx

Skye said...

Two fun cards. Love your cow image and sentiments. Terrific masking

Lisa Mensing said...

Love the cows, they are so cute! Thanks for sharing at Clear It Out's Anything Goes challenge. Lisa DT

Dotty Jo said...

Great fun, I've also got this set but haven't had chance to use it yet. The beach looks lovely... i've always wanted to visit ireland as my parents holidayed there before I was born and have so many great stories to tell about their trips, Jo x

papierelle said...

Funny cards I still have to smile.

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable cards!! Such cute images and sweet designs!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

OH Babs said...

Such cute cow cards. Nothing more pleasing than black, white and red.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are both adorable! Great take on the sketch!

Grenouille Greetings said...

Who knew cows could be so cute! Two fabulous cards! Love the googly eyes on the second one and the embossing, twine and sequin features on the first! Thank you for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday this week. It's great to see you join in the fun. Hugs, Lesley

mixamatoasties said...

Fabulous cards! I love them - and you have inspired me to use a digi image I bought but haven't used yet....

Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin' this week.

Susan x

Niki Rowland said...

Oh I love these! Super fun images and love the textured background on the first one. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week, Niki xx

Sammy said...

What a fab pair of cards! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

cotnob said...

Fabulous cards, such fun images.
Thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.
Pauline
x

Susanne Rose said...

How lovely are these cows!!! Thank you for entering the CAS-ual Chic Challenge this month. Hugs, Susanne.

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

A cow always make everything cuter!!! LOL!!! Love it!


Thank you for taking part of the CAS-ual Chic monthly challange!
Stay Happy, Stay Creative!
Zoey ( www.scrapsaurus.blogspot.com )