Wednesday 16 March 2016

Easter Bunnies

Hurrah for St Patrick's Day  - note to my American friends .... it's Patrick or Paddy NOT Patty! ;)  We get a free day off work tomorrow, and then I thought it would be a shame to have to go in for Friday so booked it off too, so a nice looooooong weekend for me :)

We don't really do St Patrick's Day cards here, so I thought I'd get a shift on with my Easter cards.  This year's image of choice is this cute bunny from Eat Cake Graphics:
5050-F Flopsy bunny's got an egg

Card 1:
Image coloured with watercolour pencils, and Spectrum Noir clear sparkle added to the egg.  I'm loving these bitty sequins from Taylored Expressions, might have to get another set next time I'm on a spending spree ;)
Simon Says Stamp 'happy' die.  Washi tape from stash.  Doodled border.

Card2:
Wow, I haven't used my washi tape in such a long time, and here's 2 in the one night another using it!!
Image again coloured with watercolours and sparkle added to egg.  I've chalked some clouds in the BG but they don't really show up in my pic.  Lawn Fawn cloud and sun dies.

17 comments:

Aileen said...

Great card, he looks so cute. wonderful colouring and layout.

Patti J said...

Both of your cards are darling, Lynne! Love them...thanks for sharing!

Sherrie M. said...

Sweet card Lynne! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Helen F. said...

What a sweet little bunny image. Both cards are adorable, Lynne.

brenda said...

Two really beautiful Easter creations and perfect for our theme Lynne, many thanks for joining in our Spring is in the Air challenge at Allsorts this week.

B x

Sarah said...

These are fantastic Lynne. Love that stamp and the washi looks brilliant too. Enjoy your long weekend and I hope the sun is shining for you xx

Cara said...

Will you please stop showing me such gorgeous images! At least I know what I want for my birthday at the end of the year. Those cards are fab, I love the use of washi tape, its something i'v never tried using. I can see your clouds on the second card, they are delicate but just finish the card off. Cara x

Coralynn Murray said...

Both cards are simply adorable! I love seeing the look on the bunnies face. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

Cardsbymaaike said...

what a cute bunny and great coploring, well done

Cheryl W. said...

Both are very cute cards! That rainbow colored washi tape is great! It really adds a nice bit of bright color to your card.

Ardyth said...

Such a sweet image! love his pink little cheeks! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Kim S said...

I love the rainbows down the side of your cheerful bunny card! Thank you for playing along with Freshly Made Sketches.

Elizabeth said...

Those bunnies are absolutely adorable!

Cindy Hall said...

Oh my gosh, these cards are so cute. That is the most adorable bunny with an egg that I've seen! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Sorry to be a comment hog here, but I had to comment on these cards, too! What a genius idea to cover paper with Washi and then die-cut it! I love how that turned out on your "Happy" sentiment. I also think you have a talent for arranging elements just perfectly on a card to create a whole scene. It was really enjoyable to see how differently you used the two bunnies. Thank you , again, so much for sharing your art with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun! Super sweet take on the inspiration photo!

Debbie said...

lovely bunnies