Thursday 16 June 2016

Bunny loves his bear

It's been a bit of a yeuchy damp day today, my planned gardening/weed assault didn't happen, so I stayed in, cleaned my house, had a guilt-free play with my stash and then watched Northern Ireland beat Ukraine an amazing 2-0 in the Euros ... there'll be a few hangovers in the morning for sure! ;)

This one uses this cuuuuute bunny set from MFT.  I always think it's so sad when you see an abandoned unloved bear, especially the ones tied to the front of lorries!!  They should be done for bear cruelty ;)

I'd followed today's MFT Camp Create challenge which was partial die-cutting.  I don't have any stamp/die collections, so just used my stitched circles dies instead.  Images coloured with watercolour pencils and popped up on dimensionals.  Spectrum Noir clear sparkle added to the bear and to the bunny's jumper, and lots of glitter to bunny's tail.  Martha Stewart grass punch.  Paper Smooches heart die.
My second card uses a couple of Eat Cake Graphic stamps:

Doggy coloured with watercolour pencils.  I'm almost at the last of my fab DP from Taylored Expressions, I'm determined to finish it before it disappears into my paper bag ;)
  • Layout based on Sketch Saturday #416 - I went to the bother of cutting out some fab rolling hills to fit the sketch and then cut it too short so that my fence covered them all up.  Doh!
    • Stamp Ink Paper #52 - card makers choice .... favourite stamp maker (Eat Cake Graphics) and favourite DP (Taylored Expressions)
    • Seize the Birthday - anything birthday
    • Penny's Challenge #282 - anything goes

    18 comments:

    Cheryl W. said...

    Awwwww, Lynne - these two cards are too cute for words! I especially love that bunny card and your partial die-cutting. It all looks fabulous. You're so creative and an expert at coloring!!!

    Di said...

    Oh how cute Lynne! Still laughing here about the bears tied to the fronts of lorries/refuse wagons. It always upsets me too and I have to restrain Parsnip from rushing out, beating up the cab driver and adopting another mouth to feed :)

    Wonderful cards and I agree with Cheryl - your colouring is fabulous!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    Bernice said...

    Lovely cards - I particularly like the red and turquoise colour scheme used on the first one.
    Bernice

    Dawn Phillips said...

    Beautiful cards. x

    Dot J Freel said...

    Love your cards! Both really cute.

    Patti said...

    These are great!! I especially love that cake sniffing Pup and the fun sentiment! : )

    Have a great weekend!

    Patti

    Unknown said...

    Super cards love the doggies face :) Debbs xx

    stampwithsandy said...

    What a fun pair of cards! Love the cute critters. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Stamp Ink Paper!

    JoAnn said...

    Great cards. Love the cute images and that puppy sniffing for birthday cake. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    Tina's Crop Shop said...

    What wonderful cards and great coloring! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper for our challenge this week!

    Gingin said...

    Love your cards Lynne! Nice watercoloring on the doggie! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper:)

    coldwaters2 said...

    Two lovely cards Lynne the images are so sweet the colours and designs are fab, the second card reminds me of Jess she always has her nose in the air sniffing, lol, I never smell a thing
    hugs
    lorraine x

    Nancy said...

    Really love both of these cards. I think the dreary weather turned up your mojo! That dog sentiment I really love! Lynne, Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Seize the Birthday and we hope you will join us again soon!

    Zw@@n said...

    Very cute card, Lynne. Gorgeous MFT die and I love the papers/colours. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

    Cara said...

    Pleeeeeeeeeease stop using adorable stamps that I then need, especially bunny ones! Fab cards as ever. Cara x

    Caryn said...

    Love your take on the Animal challenge - great cards, great choice of stamped images.
    Thanks for joining in at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn x

    Aileen said...

    Lynne, you honestly make the cutest cards I have ever seen. I love love bear and bunny- wonderful card then I come down to the dog sniffing the air, so fantastic. Colours perfect as is layout.

    Karen Dunbrook said...

    such delightful looking cards...so cute too~