Saturday 13 May 2017

Some NBUS goodies

One of you lot led me astray recently and tempted me to go shopping at Whipper Snapper ;)  I bought this cuuuuute zebra, the sentiment and another Christmas one, total $21 + postage and then our lovely Customs nabbed it and charged me another £13 to get it back.  Ouch!  That's me done with crafty shopping for a while, especially after my splurge in the LOTV sale too ;)

I've coloured my zebra with watercolour pencils, went over the blue on the umbrella with my clear glitter pen and then clear gloss over the pink bit and his hooves.  I also added some faint clouds in the BG but they don't show up well in my pic.


This is one of my new purchases from Lili of the Valley - I love these James bear stamps :)
Coloured with watercolour pencils.  Clear glitter added to his hat and silver glitter to the star.
I misjudged my layout so added the little white banner to the bottom to balance it out again.
Sentiment from Happy Little Stampers.

18 comments:

Di said...

Two lovely cards Lynne! Wonderful colouring as well. LOTV always ticks the boxes, both gorgeous layouts - and the wee zebra is gorgeous! I've been bitten in the past ordering directly from the USA - the cost of postage is taxable and therefore included - it caught me out for sure! Sigh.

Hugs

Di xx

Natalie said...

Your coloring is beautiful! Adorable cards! Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week!!

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely! Jo x

Cara said...

Meanie customs! Your card is definitely worth the price though, just stunning. Love your Christmas card too, who doesn't love a cuddly bear. Cara x

Ardyth said...

Adorable! Love the floating zebra - your colouring is amazing! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week, Lynne!

Daniela said...

Eine tolle Karte.
Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei den Sweet Stampers.
Liebe Grüße, Daniela

Cheryl W. said...

Two super cards. I just want to hug both the zebra and the bear. They're so cute, and you've colored them beautifully. I always get discouraged when the shipping costs are too high for my craft supplies. I'm always looking on eBay for free shipping, even if the item costs a little more there. Who knew cardmaking would be so expensive!

Tracey McNeely said...

Lynne two super cute cards! Such a cute zebra and card design. Thank you for sharing with us at Muse this week!

Kuni said...

What a cute and fun card.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers Challenge and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

MaryFran said...

I love this- the coloring is so nicely done!

Sarah said...

Crafty purchases...it has to be done Lynne...we so deserve it!! Great cards, love the cute zebra very much xx

Lin said...

Adorable cards, Lynne, sorry to hear about the nasty customs experience! I especially love your little James bear and the way you incorporated dots for our challenge - thanks so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

crafty lil mouse said...

Beautiful cards!! Mx

Zw@@n said...

Stunning cards, Lynne. Cute images and I love the embroidered stitched die. Thanks for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

Jo Ann said...

Cute cards! Thank you for joining us here at Word Art Wednesday. We hope you will link more projects with us soon. Leaving you with the inspiration of the scripture in II Thessalonians 3:3 (KJV) " But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil." God bless!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

PaperDaisies said...

What lovely cards. Your colouring is awesome. Thank you for sharing your talents with us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

shirley-bee said...

Oh, I adore that zebra! Thanks so much for adding it to our Seize The Birthday challenge!

seelenvoll kreativ said...

Die Karte ist sooo niedlich. Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme bei den Sweet Stampers. LG Karina